Company Name: Lucia Landscaping Inc.
The Role: Landscape Operations Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Who We Are: Lucia Landscaping Inc. is a well-established premier full-service landscaping, snow, lighting, and construction company that has been in operations over 25 years in the Southeastern Michigan. We have an award-winning team & culture with high growth and were awarded one of the 2021 Crain’s Coolest Places to Work! Our company is currently seeking a qualified individual of strong character to join our growing team!
The Opportunity: The Landscape Operations Manager is responsible for managing our Landscape Maintenance Department in various facets, including but not limited to – monitoring maintenance schedule, coordinating and assuring trucks are adequately prepared for the assigned activities with employees, equipment, tools and other necessities, along with on-site management.
Our One Team Vision: We center our focus on our team and our culture, which is driven by our One Team mentality that provides an unparalleled experience for our clients while creating a brighter future of opportunity for each and every one of our team members.
What We Value:
① One Team ② Service Heart ③ Dedication ④ Entrepreneurial Spirit
⑤ Achievement ⑥ Integrity ⑦ Vision
Your Day to Day:
- Overseeing employees on a daily basis both in the field and at our facility
- Ensuring teams and trucks are adequately prepared with for assigned activities with employees, equipment, tools, and other necessities
- Reviewing route sheets and work orders with maintenance teams on a daily basis to review expectations, notes, budgeted hours, etc.
- Manage team by scheduling reoccurring and one-times jobs related directly to maintenance
- Using client relation management system to manage in field teams relating to scheduling, routing, products, and job completion
- Performing routine site visits to ensure employee/team productivity and performance, gauge quality standards of work are being met, review any damage incurred to property, and ensure client satisfaction
- Lead weekly department meetings to discuss safety, review performance, set upcoming goals, praise employees, and resolve concerns of the department
- On-site coaching, counseling, and training employees based on behavior and outputted work to benefit the team and organization.
- Verifying information completed by teams on work orders and route sheets are accurate
- Compile and track key performance indicators as determined by company and utilize to improve employee/team performance and metrics
- Assist HR department in determining staffing levels, employee performance, potential compensation increases, and other organizational elements.
Who You Are (Qualifications & Skills) – Must Haves:
- Education and/or experience in lawn and/or landscape maintenance minimum two years, required
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant and landscape materials; minimum two years, required
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintenance techniques; minimum two years required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and use of technology; required
- Valid Chauffeur License, in good standing, and clean driving record; required
- Valid State of Michigan Department of Transportations (DOT Card); required
- Be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run; required
- Strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and communicate effectively; required
- Ability to work a full time position as by determined by seasonal fluctuations
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor at all times; required
It’d Be Nice If You Have:
- Valid State of Michigan Department of Transportations (DOT Card)
- Valid Fertilizer Applicator License – Core, 3A, and 3B
The Good Stuff: The Landscape Operation Manager is eligible to receive:
- Competitive Compensation: Salary + Bonus
- Benefits Offered: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Company Sponsored 401K Program
- Paid Time Off starting at 10 days annually + Holiday Days – 6 days observed: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Opportunity for Advancement - Cross Training and Certifications
- State of the Art Equipment and Technology
- Year-Round Work – Snow & Ice Management
- Incentive Programs (Employee of the month, referral rewards, and other programs)