Looking to be part of a growing award-winning team with a great culture that gives you the opportunity for advancement? Are you an ambitious and goal oriented individual? Then Lucia Landscaping is your career destination, we are looking for individuals that want to grow as fast as we are growing our team & company!
Lucia Landscaping is a premier award-winning landscaping company in Metro Detroit for over 25 years and one of the 2021 Crain’s Coolest Places to Work.
The Lawn Care Manager is responsible for overseeing division directly related to lawn, tree, shrub, plant health care, and fertilization services rendered by Lucia Landscaping Inc. for commercial and residential clients.
Description of Responsibilities: The Lawn Care Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee daily operations of department, including but not limited to, scheduling, dispatching, troubleshooting, quality control, key performance indicators, invoicing, etc.
- Develop training for safety, in-field applications, and sales to staff, management, and new hires
- Recruit, Interview, Orientate, Train and Manage technicians
- Meet daily with technicians to discuss production plans, goals, and issues
- Provide accurate production records weekly and monthly
- Provide customer service by evaluating lawns, trees, & shrubs through diagnosis of disease or inspection of problems, or other issues.
- Coordinate with mechanics equipment maintenance.
- Coordinate with company to forecast sales, budgets, efficiencies, and other key performance indicators on a quarterly and annual basis
- Create processes and procedures to systemize, enhance, and streamline department operations and sales
- Actively drive sales through new leads, referrals, existing client up-sells, and other sources of revenue related to the department
- Aid marketing department in creating concepts and content for brand awareness, promotional literature, electronic correspondences, and other materials directly related to department
- Maintain proper inventory of products
- Develop relationships with vendors to secure product, equipment, and materials at the best available production and price
- Strategic planning for the department
Qualifications/Requirements: The Lawn Care Manager should possess the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Education and/or experience of PHC and fertilization minimum two years, required
- Demonstrated knowledge of plant and landscape materials; minimum two years, required
- Demonstrated knowledge of and use of applicator equipment and technology; required
- Ability to diagnose and apply appropriate treatment through IPM
- Demonstrated knowledge of snow plowing, salting, front end loaders, bobcats, etc.; required
- Valid Driver's License, in good standing, and clean driving record; required
- Be able to lift 50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run; required
- Strong ability to multi-task, stay organized, and communicate effectively; required
- Ability to work a full time position as by determined by seasonal fluctuations
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor at all times; required
Rewards: The Lawn Care Manager is eligible to receive:
- Benefits Offered: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Company Sponsored 401K Program
- Paid Time Off – starting at 10 days annually
- Holiday Days – 6 days observed; New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (weather permitting)
- Opportunity for Advancement - Cross Training, Certifications, and Promotions!